Thursday, April 07, 2005

Say it ain't so Mo! Say it ain't so!

For the 2nd day in a row Mariano Rivera blew a save against the Red Sox. And this time the Yankees' hitters were unable to save his bacon.

I know we are only 3 games into the season, but blowing his first two save chances has got to get some people worried despite the fact that Mo is many peoples' pick as the best closer ever.

I just hope he that other teams don't pick up on what the Red Sox have done against Mo recently. Although, few teams have as good of a lineup as Boston does, so that should work in Mo's favor.

Bo knows 'roids?

Bo Jackson is suing a newspaper that carried a story that said that he used steroids.

I truly hope that the story is bogus. Bo Jackson was the greatest all around athlete I've seen in my life and I'd like to think that what I saw was real and not some chemically enhanced performance.

Although, would it really shock too many people if the story were true? Bo was such a freak that I would believe it if he had to use chemical enhancement to do some of the things that he did.

While I can understand why he'd want to clear his name, I think it is somewhat of a compliment that people want to say that they can't believe that he did what he did without extra help.

A little over 2 weeks until the NFL Draft

With no concensus #1 pick and a lack of real studs at the top of the draft class, this year's draft is either going to be really exciting or really boring.

But honestly, even the most boring NFL Draft comes off as exciting with the way ESPN produces it. Mel Kiper Jr. alone is worth ticking off the wife, right?

Plus, there is always the "How long will it take the Vikings to make their pick" pool that is getting bigger by the year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home