Thursday, March 10, 2005

Don't let the door hit ya........

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/story/288460p-246923c.html

Coles, who has bashed Washington's Joe Gibbs in recent days for running a conservative offense, tried to make nice by saying he and Gibbs parted on good terms. Asked what it says about him that he couldn't play for a Hall of Fame coach, Coles became angry.

"I'm sorry you have to ask me those kind of questions," he snapped. "I don't think it says anything about me. It says what kind of person you are. Why would you even put me on the spot like that?"

So Coles didn't like being asked why he couldn't get along with a Hall of Fame head coach who owns 3 Super Bowl rings.

I'm sorry, but that whole situation says a lot about you, buddy.

It says a lot about you when you are questioning a head coach with the track record that Joe Gibbs has.

It says a lot about you when you complain about playing in a run oriented offense and yet you've had more passes thrown your way than any other WR in the entire NFC.

But then again, the Jets are used to WRs that just want the damn ball, I guess.

The question I've got to ask is, can Coles ever be happy?

Apparently the fat pay day the Redskins gave him didn't make him happy. Getting more balls thrown to him than any other NFC WR didn't make him happy. Playing for a Hall of Fame head coach with 3 Super Bowl rings didn't make him happy. And apparently, having to deal with the NY media didn't make him happy yesterday.

For his sake, I hope Chad Pennington's shoulder heals. I wonder how happy he'll be playing in an offense with Curtis Martin if they are running a back up QB out there?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home