Friday, November 05, 2004

Why I should be depressed

A) W got re-elected and that has sent my wife, my mother, and my mother-in-law into depressions.

B) The Redskins are struggling mightily despite the return of the almighty Joe Gibbs to the sideline.

C) The NHL looks like it will cancel the season any day now.

D) The Amerks are off to a horrible start and both Thomas Vanek and Ryan Miller look like they couldn't care less about playing because the carrot of a recall to Buffalo isn't there thanks to the NHL lockout.

But for some reason I'm not too depressed.

Maybe it's because Pat Ercoli is getting the boot from the Rhinos and brighter days are ahead for the best pro soccer franchise in the US.

Maybe it's because Barack Obama stomped and there is some hope for the future of the Democratic party.

Maybe it's because I've come across sites like this: http://anysoldier.us/index.cfm

Maybe it's because I have too much hope for this country. I believe that fear and hatred won't continue to reign supreme. Although, I found it interesting that people in the heartland said that the War on Terror played into their voting for Bush. Yet, people in NYC, Washington, DC, LA, and Boston, who are much more likely to be targets of terrorist attacks, went for John Kerry.

Maybe it's just because every day I get to go home to a beautiful wife and two cute little boys.

Maybe I should be depressed today.

But I'm not.

And that feels good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home